Deer burger with barbecue sauce and Quebec cheese
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
160 ml (2/3 cup) ketchup
30 ml (2 tbsp.) HP sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp.) Worcestershire sauce
45 ml (3 tbsp.) maple syrup
15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
5 ml (1 tsp.) garlic powder
600 g (1 ¼ lb.) extra lean ground deer
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
30 ml (2 tbsp.) green onion, finely chopped (green part only)
10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh rosemary, finely chopped (leaves only)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 slices Migneron cheese, no rind (or any other semi-firm cheese)
4 poppy seed Kaiser buns
1 tomato, sliced
- In a pan, combine all sauce ingredients and mix over medium heat.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Set aside.
- Preheat BBQ at maximum intensity (290°C - 550°F).
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the patties.
- Mix until the texture is homogenous.
- Make 4 equal patties and set aside.
- Place patties on the grill and cover.
- Cook for 6 to 7 minutes each side.
- During the last 2 minutes of cooking, place cheese slices on patties and grill buns.
- Garnish bottom bun with lettuce and tomato slices.
- Place patties on garnished bottom buns.
- Add barbecue sauce and close burgers.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by coleslaw, for example.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.