Stuffed calamari a la plancha (on the griddle)
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1 kg (2 lb.) medium size calamaris
45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil + extra for garnish
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
80 ml (1/3 cup) chorizo, skin removed, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Italian parsley, chopped
180 ml (3/4 cup) stale bread, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
- Remove the calamaris' tentacles and fins, and chop them.
- Set the bodies aside in the refrigerator.
- In a frying pan, heat 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the chopped calamari meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the water from the calamaris evaporates completely.
- Add the chorizo and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the parsley.
- In a bowl, place the mixture and add the bread. Stir well.
- Refrigerate the stuffing for a few minutes.
- Install the griddle on the barbecue and preheat to 260°C (500°F).
- Stuff the calamaris.
- Close the opening with a toothpick.
- Season the calamaris with salt and pepper.
- Pour 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of oil onto the griddle.
- Cover and cook the calamaris for 5 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, a dash of olive oil and chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
If you don’t have a griddle, you may use a cast-iron pan.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.