Mushroom, prosciutto and blue cheese canapés
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
12 mushrooms (large enough to stuff)
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
30 ml (2 tbsp.) vegetable oil
2 French shallots, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
Freshly ground black pepper
60 ml (1/4 cup) 35% cooking cream
4 prosciutto slices, coarsely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh chives, thinly sliced
125 ml (1/2 cup) blue cheese, crumbled
20 ml (1 heaping tbsp.) bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Brush the mushrooms.
- Remove the tails gently.
- Set aside.
- With the tip of a paring knife, held at an angle, trim a bit of the hat flesh gently to widen the hole.
- Reserve the mushroom trimmings with the tails. Set the hats aside.
- Chop the mushroom trimmings and tails finely.
- In a skillet, heat the butter and half of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Sweat the shallots for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom flesh and cook, stirring frequently, until complete evaporation of the water.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Moisten with white wine and season with pepper.
- Reduce the wine completely.
- Add the cream and reduce until almost dry. Remove from the heat and add the prosciutto and chives.
- Let cool.
- Coat the hats with the rest of the oil.
- Stuff with the mixture.
- Spread some blue cheese on each canapé. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cook in the oven for about 10 minutes, until soft and nicely browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with an aperitif.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.