Standing cannelloni with beef and olives
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) green pepper, diced
340 g (3/4 lb.) roast beef, cut into small cubes
180 ml (3/4 cup) black olives, cut into big chunks
250 ml (1 cup) tomatoes, diced, including juice
Salt and pepper
8 cooked lasagne noodles
375 ml (1 1/2 cup) tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought)
10 ml (2 tsp.) herbes de Provence
100 g (3.5 oz.) caciocavallo or pecorino cheese, grated
- In a very hot frying pan, sauté the shallot, pepper and beef in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add olives and tomatoes. Season. Let cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Lay out noodles on work table.
- Place 1/8 of the meat stuffing on each noodle.
- Roll noodles, ensuring stuffing stays inside.
- Place the cannelloni standing up in baking dish, keeping them close together to prevent them from unrolling.
- Pour sauce over cannelloni and sprinkle with herbes de Provence and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Serve.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.