Beef carpaccio with arugula and Parmesan
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
300 g (10 oz.) beef fillet slices
Fleur de sel
Freshly ground black pepper
1 egg yolk
10 ml (2 tsp.) Dijon mustard
100 ml (2/5 cup) vegetable oil
7 ml (1 1/2 tsp.) lemon juice
30 ml (2 tbsp.) 15% cooking cream
5 ml (1 tsp.) Worcestershire sauce
5 ml (1 tsp.) brandy or Cognac
5 ml (1 tsp.) dried tarragon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
500 ml (2 cups) baby arugula
30 ml (2 tbsp.) extra-virgin olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) aged balsamic vinegar
180 ml (3/4 cup) shavings of Parmesan
- Wrap the beef fillet tightly in plastic wrap.
- Place the meat in the freezer for about 1 hour to firm it up.
- Unwrap the beef fillet.
- With a sharp knife, cut the meat into very thin slices.
- On each of 4 plates arrange slightly overlapping slices of beef in a circle.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Combine the egg yolk and mustard in a bowl.
- Add half the vegetable oil, whisking to emulsify.
- Add the lemon juice and the rest of the oil.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Season each plate of sliced beef with fleur de sel and pepper.
- Place a nice bunch of arugula in the centre of each plate.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Top with shavings of Parmesan.
- Serve the beef carpaccio immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.