Barbecued pork loin with mustard and orange
45 minutes / resting time : 2 h 15 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1 pork loin, prepared, weighing about 900 g (2 lb.)
3 cloves of garlic, quartered
250 ml (1 cup) orange juice
60 ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cilantro seeds
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
15 ml (1 tbsp.) old-fashioned mustard seeds
- Make some cuts in the pork loin with the point of a knife and insert the garlic slices.
- Combine the orange juice, vegetable oil, onion and cilantro in a large airtight container and mix together.
- Add the pork and marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the barbecue to high.
- Drain the meat and sear all sides on the hot grill. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a pot, bring the marinade to a boil.
- Turn off one of the burners underneath the pork loin and lower heat of other burner to medium so as to cook by indirect heat.
- Mix the 2 types of mustard together and brush the meat with the mixture.
- Cook for 35 to 45 minutes or until the thermometer reaches 67°C (153°F), basting the meat a few times with the hot marinade.
- If needed, relight the other burner once the meat has finished cooking, just long enough to brown the meat.
- Take the meat off the barbecue, cover and let sit for 15 minutes before cutting between the ribs.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.