Spiced rack of pork with apples
4 to 6
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
15 ml (1 tbsp.) mustard seeds
180 ml (3/4 cup) homemade or store-bought applesauce
60 ml (1/4 cup) Dijon à l'Ancienne mustard
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) chopped fresh rosemary
15 ml (1 tbsp.) oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
1 rack of pork, about 900 g (2 lb.)
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the mustard seeds on medium to bring out the flavour.
- Leave to cool on a plate.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Coarsely crush the mustard seeds using a mortar and pestle or by pressing down on them with a heavy saucepan.
- Mix the mustard seeds with the applesauce, mustard, garlic and rosemary. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the oil and butter.
- Sear the rack of pork on all sides.
- Spread the applesauce mixture over the top of the pork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 80 to 90 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre of the meat reads 65°C (150°F).
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving between the ribs and serving.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.