Rack of pork with tomatoes, bell peppers and herbs
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
1.5 kg (3 lb.) rack of pork
4 tomatoes, cut into quarters
1 green bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
2 garlic cloves, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh thyme, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh rosemary, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In an oven-safe skillet, melt the butter over high heat and sear the rack of pork on all sides.
- Place the vegetables around the rack of pork.
- Sprinkle with the garlic and herbs.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour the wine into the skillet.
- Cook for about an hour for rare doneness.
- Remove the roast from the skillet.
- Place the meat on a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil.
- Set aside to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the rack of pork by cutting between the bones and serve with the vegetables and cooking juices.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.