Barbecued stuffed mushrooms
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
454 g (1 lb.) large mushrooms
15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
1 French shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
125 ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
80 ml (1/3 cup) chorizo, diced
15 ml (1 tbsp.) parsley, chopped
177 ml (3/4 cup) Oka cheese, diced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
15 ml (1 tbsp.) chives, finely chopped
- Brush the mushrooms. Remove the stems. Set aside.
- With the tip of a paring knife held at an angle, remove some of the flesh of the mushroom caps to enlarge the hole.
- Place the caps in the refrigerator.
- Finely chop the mushroom flesh and stems.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Brown the shallots for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushroom and cook, stirring frequently until all the mushroom water has evaporated.
- Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly.
- Add the white wine and reduce completely.
- Add the chorizo and the parsley.
- Cook for 1 minute and remove.
- Set the mixture aside on a plate to cool.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat (about 240°C [475°F]).
- In a bowl, place the cooled mixture and mix together with the cheese and chives. Season.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Brush the barbecue grill well and oil it.
- Close the lid and cook the mushrooms for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are tender and the cheese has melted.
- Serve the stuffed mushrooms as a first course or as an accompaniment to an aperitif.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.