Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
12 cabbage leaves
225 g (1/2 lb.) ground turkey
225 g (1/2 lb.) ground pork
125 ml (1/2 cup) zucchini, thinly diced
125 ml (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
180 ml (3/4 cup) instant rice
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) dried thyme
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 L (4 cups) homemade or store-bought tomato sauce
60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- Drop the cabbage leaves into a pot of salted boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- When soft, run under cold water. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, vegetables, rice, thyme and garlic.
- Add salt, pepper and 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of the tomato sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Lay out cabbage leaves and use the point of a knife to remove the tough part of the leaves.
- Place a bit of stuffing mixture in the centre of each leaf.
- Roll up the cabbage, making sure to tuck in the ends.
- Place the rolls in a large oven-safe dish.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce over top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.