Bordeaux-style boneless club steak
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
2 shallots, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) quality beef stock
80 ml (1/3 cup) red wine
1 sprig of fresh thyme
10 ml (2 tsp.) butter
15 ml (1 tbsp.) flour
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
4 boneless club steaks, about 170 g (6 oz.) each
- In a frying pan, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Fry shallots and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add soup stock, wine and thyme.
- Simmer and reduce the amount by one quarter.
- Preheat the barbecue on highest heat.
- In a bowl, mix butter and flour.
- Using a whisk, add this mixture to the sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season.
- Place the steaks on the hot grill and reduce to medium heat.
- Cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your satisfaction.
- Serve the meat covered in hot sauce and sprinkled with parsley.
- Accompany with seasonal vegetables.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.