Barbecue pork chops with honey and thyme
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
250 ml (1 cup) liquid honey
2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
10 ml (2 tsp.) granulated chipotle or black peppercorns
10 sprigs of fresh thyme
60 ml (1/4 cup) Dijon mustard
30 ml (2 tbsp.) cornstarch
4 pork chops, about 250 g (1/2 lb.) each, French trimmed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, combine the honey, garlic, chipotle and 8 sprigs of thyme.
- Over low heat without boiling, infuse the flavours for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the rest of the thyme.
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat, 290°C (550°F).
- Strain the honey through a fine sieve.
- Add the mustard, chopped thyme and the cornstarch.
- Stir well.
- Set aside.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper.
- Cook on the grill with the lid closed for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Turn off the heat.
- Brush the chops with a generous amount of the honey mixture.
- Close the lid and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat the previous steps and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Brush the chops one last time.
- Serve with hash browns and a steamed vegetable.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.