Barbecued Dijon Back Ribs
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1.4 kg (3 lbs) pork back ribs
2 onions, diced
30 ml (2 tbsp.) whole black pepper
2 bay leaves
3 garlic cloves, sliced
2 L (8 cups) chicken broth
80 ml (1/3 cup) Dijon mustard
30 ml (2 tbsp.) honey
45 ml (3 tbsp.) store-bought barbecue sauce
22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp.) oregano, chopped
- Place the meat, onions and aromatics in a large casserole.
- Pour in the broth (if the broth doesn’t cover the ribs, add water).
- Bring to a boil and simmer 50 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix all the glaze ingredients. Set aside.
- Remove the ribs from the broth and drain well.
- Set the stock aside for another use.
- When the ribs have drained and cooled to lukewarm, place them on a roasting pan covered with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Baste the ribs with the glaze and bake 15 minutes or until the meat can easily be taken off the bone. Serve.
Instead of finishing off the ribs in the oven, you can do it over a barbecue on medium heat, turning them several times during cooking.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.