Barbecued pork ribs
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1.4 kg (3 lb.) pork back ribs
2 onions, cut into cubes
30 ml (2 tbsp.) black peppercorns
22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp.) dried thyme
3 cloves garlic, sliced
2 L (8 cups) vegetable broth (or water)
80 ml (1/3 cup) tomato ketchup
30 ml (2 tbsp.) molasses
60 ml (1/4 cup) store-bought barbecue sauce
30 ml (2 tbsp.) tomato paste
10 ml (2 tsp.) garlic powder
Tabasco-style hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Place the meat, onions and seasonings in a large Dutch oven.
- Add the broth. (If the broth doesn’t cover the ribs, add water.)
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Remove the ribs from the broth and drain well. Save the broth for another use.
- When the ribs have cooled and drained, brush them with half the sauce.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Place the ribs on the hot grate. Reduce the heat to medium and grill for 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and pulls easily from the bone.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.