Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
500 ml (2 cups) 35% cooking cream
5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla extract
4 egg yolks (large)
125 ml (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
30 ml (2 tbsp.) almond liqueur
Field berries (your choice of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries) for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- In a saucepan, heat the cream and the vanilla extract over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat just before it begins to boil.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, use a whisk to beat the egg yolks with half the sugar until pale and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Gradually add the hot cream, stirring constantly. Add the almond liqueur and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into 4 mini-casseroles.
- Place the mini-casseroles in a pan, about 8 cm (3 in.) deep.
- Add hot water up to 3/4 of the height of the mini-casseroles.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes, leaving the mini-casseroles in the pan with water.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, sprinkle the crème brûlée with the remaining sugar.
- With a crème brûlée iron or torch, caramelize the sugar.
- You may also caramelize them in the oven under the broiler by first placing the mini-casseroles in a pan of ice water.
- Garnish with your choice of berries.
- Serve immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.