Crepes with goat cheese and peach jam
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp.) sugar
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) vanilla extract
310 ml (1 1/4 cups) milk
30 ml (2 tbsp.) unsalted butter, melted and warm
310 ml (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
1 pinch of ground nutmeg
4 large, thin crepes
150 g (5 oz.) unripened goat cheese
80 ml (1/3 cup) peach jam
250 ml (1 cup) baby arugula
Salt and fresly ground pepper
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
- Add the milk, stirring, then add the butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the liquid preparation.
- Starting at the centre, stir using a whisk, gradually combining the dry and wet ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt a bit of butter and add a large spoonful (more or less 60 ml (1/4 cup)) of crepe batter so as to make around 12 thin crepes.
- Spread out the batter with the back of a spoon.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until the crepes are golden.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F ).
- Spread the goat cheese on the crepes.
- Add the jam and arugula.
- Season and roll or fold as desired.
- Heat in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes and serve immediately
You can freeze any crepes that you don't use.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.