Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
500 ml (2 cups) all-purpose flour
60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) salt
500 ml (2 cups) whole milk
30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter, melted
5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla extract
15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Grand Marnier or Cointreau
Zest of 1 orange
125 ml (1/2 cup) butter
125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
Juice of 4 oranges (about 250 ml [1 cup] of juice)
60 ml (1/4 cup) Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the sugar and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the orange juice and liqueur.
- Reduce for about 15 minutes, until syrupy.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add the eggs.
- With a whisk, combine the eggs with the flour. Add 1/3 of the milk and stir vigorously until well combined with no lumps remaining.
- Gradually add the rest of the milk while stirring constantly.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Stir and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat a few drops of oil over medium-high heat. (You may oil the skillet, rubbing with a cloth or paper towel moistened with oil.)
- Once the skillet is hot, pour a small quantity of batter into the skillet.
- Tilt the skillet to evenly coat the bottom to obtain a thin crepe.
- Cook for about 45 seconds.
- With a spatula, flip and cook for about 45 seconds.
- Remove to a plate.
- Repeat until you have cooked 12 crepes.
- Fold the crepes in 4.
- In a large skillet, heat half of the syrup over medium heat.
- When the syrup starts to boil, heat 6 crepes for about 1 minute, turning them over 2 or 3 times. Pour in 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of orange liqueur and flambé.
- Place 3 crepes on each plate.
- Top with the hot syrup and garnish with orange zest.
- Repeat the same steps for the remaining 6 crepes.
- Serve immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.