Cinnamon fried shrimps with almonds
4 servings, or 8 appetizers
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
24 shrimp (16-20 count), peeled, tail intact
180 mL (3/4 cup) cornstarch
10 mL (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
5 mL (1 tsp) smoked paprika
2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) hot pepper flakes
80 mL (1/3 cup) liquid honey
30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
60 mL (1/4 cup) slivered almonds, toasted
2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) fleur de sel
Lemon and orange wedges, for garnish
Arugula leaves (optional)
- Heat the oil in a skillet or a deep fryer set to 180ºC (360ºF).
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon, smoked paprika and hot pepper flakes. Pat dry the shrimp with a paper towel before placing them in the Ziploc bag. Shake to coat well. Transfer the shrimp to a sieve and shake gently to remove any excess coating.
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, olive oil, almonds, cinnamon and fleur de sel. Set aside.
- Fry the shrimp 2 to 3 minutes. Immediately transfer to the bowl with the honey sauce. With a rubber or silicone spatula, stir to coat well.
- Serve with a lemon and orange wedge, as garnish, and add a few arugula leaves, if desired.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.