Barbecued chicken thighs with spices and maple
45 to 50 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
4 chicken thighs
1 L (4 cups) chicken broth
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) maple syrup
4 garlic cloves, cut into thin strips
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
60 ml (1/4 cup) tomato paste
60 ml (1/4 cup) ketchup
10 ml (2 tsp.) dried tarragon
20 ml (4 tsp.) Montreal barbecue spice mix
- In a saucepan, place the chicken thighs, chicken broth, 250 ml (1 cup) of the maple syrup, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium intensity, 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato paste, the ketchup, the rest of the maple syrup, the tarragon and the spice mix.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Place the chicken thighs on the barbecue grill. Brush the chicken with some sauce.
- Cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 74°C (165°F) for 15 seconds.
- Turn the thighs over several times while cooking, each time brushing the meat with some sauce.
- Serve hot with rice with herbs and a vegetable of your choice.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.