Chocolate and hazelnut cupcakes flavoured with liqueur
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
190 ml (3/4 cup + 1 tsp.) flour
5 ml (1 tsp.) baking powder
160 ml (2/3 cup) hazelnut powder
4 eggs, beaten
185 ml (3/4 cup) sugar
165 ml (2/3 cup) softened
500 ml (2 cups) icing sugar
1 egg white
Juice of 1/2 lemon
45 ml (3 tbsp.) Nutella
15 ml (1 tbsp.) amaretto
12 whole hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and hazelnut powder.
- With a whisk, add the eggs.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Add the butter and mix until evenly combined.
- Place in a 12-cup muffin pan lined with paper liners.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, with a whisk, mix together the icing sugar and the egg white.
- Add the lemon juice, Nutella and amaretto. Stir well.
- If the icing seems too liquid, add some icing sugar.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a fluted tip, decorate the cupcakes with the icing.
- Garnish each cupcake with a hazelnut.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.