Grilled rib eye steaks with tarragon, shallot and pink peppercorn butter
15 minutes / Refrigerate: 1 hour
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
4 beef rib eye steaks, each about 170 g (6 oz.)
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
80 ml (1/3 cup) red wine
30 ml (2 tbsp.) chopped tarragon
22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp.) crushed pink peppercorns
1 shallot, chopped
80 ml (1/3 cup) butter, at room temperature
Salt to taste
- Place the steaks in a large baking dish.
- Brush with mustard on all sides.
- Add the wine and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the tarragon, pink peppercorns and shallot.
- Add the butter and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a sheet of waxed paper and roll into a log. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Remove the meat from the marinade. Place on the hot grate and reduce the heat to medium. Season with salt.
- Grill for about 4 minutes per side or until done to your liking.
- Meanwhile, cut the butter into 1 cm (1/2 in.) thick coins.
- When the steaks are done, top each with a butter coin.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by grilled vegetables.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.