Braised lamb shoulder with red-wine sauce and beets
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
675 g (1 1/2 lb.) lamb shoulder, cut into pieces or sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
6 beets, peeled and cut into quarters
15 ml (1 tbsp.) coriander seeds, crushed or ground
160 ml (2/3 cup) red wine
250 ml (1 cup) beef bouillon
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In an oven-safe frying pan, heat oil and sear lamb.
- Add onion and garlic. Brown for 2 minutes.
- Add beets and coriander seeds.
- Pour in wine and bouillon. Season generously.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours over low heat or in the oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Flip meat over regularly and remove cover towards the end of cooking time to reduce the juices so that the meat and beets are nicely coated.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.