Braised maple pork shoulder
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
Smoked picnic pork shoulder, approximately 3.5 kg (7 lb.)
2 bay leaves
10 ml (2 tsp.) peppercorns, crushed
180 ml (3/4 cup) maple syrup
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
180 ml (3/4 cup) currants
180 ml (3/4 cup) applesauce
180 ml (3/4 cup) red wine
1 ml (1/4 tsp.) cloves, ground (optional)
- Place the pork shoulder in a large pot and cover with water.
- Add the bay leaves and pepper.
- Simmer covered for 3 hours.
- Remove the meat from the water and take off the rind.
- Place the pork in a deep ovenproof dish.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients with 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the cooking juices and pour over the meat.
- Make sure that the meat is well coated with the preparation.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting the meat every 15 minutes with the cooking juices.
- Slice and serve with the cooking juices, vegetables and potatoes.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.