Chicken escalope with tomato and caper sauce
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
180 ml (3/4 cup) onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
1 can, 796 ml (28 oz.), diced tomatoes, lightly drained
15 ml (1 tbsp.) sugar
30 ml (2 tbsp.) capers, drained and dried
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh oregano, chopped
10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh sage, chopped
Flour, as needed
Salt and ground black pepper
10 ml (2 tsp.) onion powder
625 g (1 1/4 lb.) chicken breasts
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
Parmesan shavings, to taste
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and sugar, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the capers and herbs, and continue simmering on low heat for 5 minutes. Keep hot.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and onion powder mixture together and coat the chicken with the mixture.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter in the vegetable oil.
- Cook the chicken until fully done and golden.
- Serve the chicken escalope on a bed of tomato and caper sauce, and garnish with the Parmesan shavings.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.