Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
450 g (1 lb.) beef sirloin, cut into strips
60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh coriander, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
Juice of 1 lime
5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cumin
10 ml (2 tsp.) dried oregano
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) dried chili pepper
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 zucchinis (1 green, 1 yellow), thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow), thinly sliced
1 large avocado, ripe and firm, diced
15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon juice
Guacamole (see “Guacamole” recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 80°C (180°F).
- In a bowl, mix together the beef strips, the coriander, garlic, lime juice, cumin, oregano, dried chili pepper and 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Sear one-third of the meat at a time.
- Change the oil and reheat the skillet between each batch. The meat must be well seared.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat a bit of oil.
- Fry the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes or just until softened.
- Add the beef strips and stir gently. Keep warm.
- Arrange the tortillas on a baking sheet and heat slowly in the oven.
- In a small bowl, gently combine the avocado and lemon juice.
- Fill various small bowls or ramekins with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
- Place the warm tortillas on a platter.
- Place the beef mixture in a warm serving dish.
- Place all the dishes on the table and let each guest serve themselves.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.