Filet mignon with bordelaise sauce and caramelized red onions
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
250 ml (1 cup) red onions, thinly sliced
5 ml (1 tsp.) sugar
80 ml (1/3 cup) red wine
250 ml (1 cup) demi-glace sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh thyme leaves
Salt and ground black pepper
4 beef filet mignon steaks
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- In a saucepan, melt 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of the butter over Medium-high heat and cook the onions until nicely browned.
- Sprinkle with sugar and stir.
- Deglaze with the wine and reduce by half.
- Add the demi-glace sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining butter into the sauce.
- Add the herbs and season.
- Season the steaks and cook on the barbecue for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or according to the thickness of the steaks and the desired doneness.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.