Filet mignon with goat cheese and port sauce
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
10 ml (2 tsp.) vegetable oil
5 ml (1 tsp.) butter
2 beef tenderloin steaks, each approximately 170 g (6 oz.)
10 ml (tsp.) Dijon mustard
125 ml (1/2 cup) red port
80 ml (1/3 cup) beef stock
5 ml (1 tsp.) honey
1 sprig of fresh thyme
10 ml (2 tsp.) cornstarch
Freshly ground black pepper
75 g (2 1/2 oz.) herb-flavoured spreadable goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a frying pan over high heat, melt the butter in the oil.
- Sear the beef tenderloin for 1 minute on each side.
- Place the meat in an oven-safe dish and brush with the mustard.
- Cook in the oven for about 3 to 8 minutes according to desired doneness.
- Put the pan back on the stove and deglaze with the port.
- Add the stock, honey and thyme.
- Let simmer on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Dilute the cornstarch in a bit of water, pour it into the pan and let simmer for an extra minute.
- Once the meat is cooked (to taste), put a spoonful of goat cheese on each steak and place in the oven for 30 seconds.
- Serve the meat on a bed of sauce.
- Accompany with potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.