Beef tenderloin with chimichurri sauce
10 to 12 minutes (depending on cooking style)
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
4 beef tenderloin steaks (filet mignon), about 180 g (6 oz.) each or 2 sirloin steaks, about 450 g (1 lb.)
Ground black pepper
15 ml (1 tbsp.) oil
3 garlic cloves
500 ml (1 cup) fresh parsley
250 ml (1/2 cup) fresh coriander
2 green onions, coarsely chopped
10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh oregano
5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh thyme
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded
60 ml (1/4 cup) wine vinegar
180 to 250 ml (3/4 to 1 cup) olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, place all the sauce ingredients one at a time, except for the oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together, adding the oil gradually to emulsify the sauce, pesto style.
- Season and set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue or a grill skillet.
- Season the beef steaks with pepper. Grill to preferred doneness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Slice the meat, arrange it on a platter, garnish with lettuce and top with chimichurri sauce.
- Serve the rest of the sauce in a sauceboat.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.