Black cod fillet with miso
10 to 12 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
15 ml (1 tbsp.) miso, powder or paste
15 ml (1 tbsp.) mirin
15 ml (1 tbsp.) rice vinegar
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) Sriracha sauce or sambal oelek
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 black (or regular) cod fillets, cut from the thickest part (middle)
5 ml (1 tsp.) sesame oil
250 ml (1 cup) any type of vegetable sprout
125 ml (1/2 cup) Chinese (or regular) radish, thinly sliced
1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients.
- Season the cod fillets with salt and pepper.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat the sesame oil.
- Brown the fillets on both sides.
- Pour in the liquid mixture and coat the fish well.
- Cook in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the vegetables.
- At the end of the cooking time, cover the fillets with the vegetable mixture and top with sauce.
Sriracha sauce, a Thai specialty, is easily found at Asian grocery stores.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.