Grilled halibut on salsa verde with coriander
20 minutes + marinating time
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
Zest and juice of 2 limes
60 ml (4 tbsp.) olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
4 skinless halibut steaks, each 180 g (1/3 lb.)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
250 ml (1 cup) stale bread
1 small garlic clove, minced
5 ml (1 tsp.) Dijon mustard
Juice of 1 lime
500 ml (2 cups) coriander, washed and stemmed
80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the lime zest and juice, olive oil and maple syrup.
- Put the halibut steaks on a baking sheet.
- Pour the mixture over the halibut steaks and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Blend the salsa verde ingredients in a food processor, slowly adding the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the halibut steaks on a sheet of oiled aluminum foil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the halibut on the hot grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the halibut on the salsa verde accompanied by steamed green beans.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.