Grilled leg of Quebec lamb with mild spices and rum
5 minutes + marinade time
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
80 ml (1/3 cup) brown rum
45 ml (3 tbsp.) honey
10 ml (2 tsp.) liquid vegetable broth concentrate
60 ml (1/4 cup) water
1 ml (1/4 tsp.) ground nutmeg
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) ground cinnamon
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) ground coriander
1/2 vanilla pod, cut lengthwise and seeds scraped, or 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla extract
1 leg of Quebec lamb, boneless and tied
- In a saucepan, bring all ingredients, except for the lamb, to a boil. Let cool.
- In a large re-sealable bag or a large dish, place the lamb and pour the marinade over top.
- Seal the bag or the container and coat the meat thoroughly.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours, making sure to turn the meat over every 30 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue to high heat.
- Place the drained meat on the hot barbecue.
- Turn off one of the burners and reduce the other to medium heat.
- Save the marinade to brush the meat with while it's cooking.
- Make sure the meat is on the side of the barbecue that's off.
- Cook for 1 hour and brush the meat every 10 minutes, except for the last 10 minutes.
- Place the meat on a cutting board and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with a mashed potato and celeriac purée, and seasonal vegetables.
You can also serve this roast with a vanilla-infused pineapple sauce or apricot jam.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.