Boiled lobster with lemon-caper butter
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
Sea salt (preferably) or table salt
4 lobsters, each approximately 500 g (1 1/4 lb.)
10 ml (2 tsp.) olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp.) shallot, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) capers, drained well
45 ml (3 tbsp.) freshly squeezed lemon juice
Ground black pepper, to taste
250 ml (1 cup) melted butter
- Fill a large cauldron with enough water to cover the lobsters and bring to a boil.
- Add 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of salt per litre of water.
- When the water starts boiling, submerge the lobsters head first.
- Once the water starts boiling again, cook for 12 minutes.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, sauté the shallot in oil for 1 minute (do not brown).
- Add the capers and continue cooking for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and pepper.
- Pour the butter into the pan and keep hot until the lobsters are served.
- Drain the lobsters well and serve with the lemon and caper butter.
To keep your lemon butter hot longer, run your butter dishes under very hot water before pouring in the butter.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.