Asian-style grilled lobster
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
250 ml (1 cup) butter
20 ml (1 heaping tbsp.) ginger, finely chopped
45 ml (3 tbsp.) lime juice
5 ml (1 tsp.) sambal oelek
20 ml (1 heaping tbsp.) fresh coriander, chopped (+ a few whole leaves for garnish)
4 fresh lobsters, about 625 g (1 1/4 lb.) each
2 limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat the barbecue to 230°C (450°F) or to medium-high heat.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and ginger over very low heat.
- Infuse slowly for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sambal oelek and the chopped coriander. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the lobsters in salted boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool a bit.
- With a chef’s knife, cut the lobsters in half lengthwise and crack the claws.
- Remove the sac (near the head) and the intestinal vein.
- Brush the meat with ginger butter.
- Grill the lobsters, covered, meat-side down.
- Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and brush again with ginger butter. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with lime wedges and coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately with the ginger butter and basmati rice.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.