Duck hot dog with cabbage and tapenade
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
750 ml (3 cups) cabbage, finely chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) cider vinegar
5 ml (1 tsp.) sugar
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) garlic powder
15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper
4 duck sausages, blanched
1 baguette, cut in 4
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
80 ml (1/3 cup) tapenade
4 slices of Swiss cheese
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- In a bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients. Season and refrigerate.
- Place the sausages on the hot barbecue and reduce heat to medium. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the baguette pieces lengthwise and remove a bit of the centre.
- Brush the inside of the bread with mustard and garnish with tapenade.
- Place a sausage, a slice of cheese and a bit of the seasoned cabbage mixture from the second step in each bun.
- Wrap each hot dog in aluminum foil and heat on the barbecue for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite raw vegetables.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.