Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
3 medium red beets
125 mL (1/2 cup) olive oil
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
5 mL (1 tsp) smoked paprika
10 mL (2 tsp) ground coriander
1 540-mL (19-oz) can chickpeas
60 mL (1/4 cup) tahini
Juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil, place them in an ovenproof dish and bake for 60 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over low, heat the oil with the garlic slices until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the paprika and coriander, and stir well. Set aside.
- Allow the beets to cool for 15 minutes, then remove the skin.
- In a food processor, blend beets until smooth. Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic oil, and process again.
- Serve with crudités.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.