Oysters with lime juice and espelette pepper
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
10 ml (2 tsp.) olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
80 ml (1/3 cup) white wine
10 ml (2 tsp.) honey
1 ml (1/4 tsp.) Espelette pepper, ground
Zest and juice of 1 lime
24 oysters, cleaned
- In a small saucepan heat the oil over medium heat and sweat the onions for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with the white wine.
- Add the honey and Espelette pepper. Turn off heat.
- Add the lime zest and juice. Leave to cool.
- Open the oysters and add 5 ml (1 tsp.) of the onion mixture to each one, along with some of the chopped chives.
- Serve and eat immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.