14 à 18 servings
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
3.5 to 4.5 kg (8 to 10 lbs)bone-in smoked ham
250 mL (1cup) apricot jam
125 mL (1/2cup) maple syrup
30 mL (2tbsp) cider vinegar
15 mL (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
Dash of ground cloves
- In a bowl, mix together all apricot-glaze ingredients. Set aside.
- Remove the net and rind from the ham. Trim excess fat, leaving a 5-mm (¼-in) layer.
- Place the ham in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for one hour (to desalinate and tenderize the ham).
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
- Place the ham on a rack inside a roasting pan. Spread the apricot glaze over the ham. Bake in the oven for 3 hours, basting every 20 minutes until golden. Add water to the roasting pan, if necessary.
- When serving, slice the ham as finely as you can with a well-sharpened knife.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.