Scampi with lime, ginger and herbs
7 to 8 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
180 ml (3/4 cup) butter
20 ml (1 heaping tbsp.) ginger, finely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh coriander, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) chives, finely chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) lime juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
125 ml (1/2 cup) breadcrumbs
15 ml (1 tbsp.) paprika
24 scampi (16/20), butterflied
- Preheat the oven broiler, placing the rack in the middle.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and ginger over very low heat.
- When the butter has melted, reduce the heat to minimum.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs, lime juice, salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Set aside.
- Place the scampi on a baking sheet and brush them with the ginger butter.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Drizzle lightly with butter.
- Broil in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes, until the flesh easily pulls away from the shell.
- Serve with the remaining butter in a sauce boat, accompanied by rice and tomatoes à la provençale.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.