Chicken stew with olives and white wine
1 hour, 20 minutes
4 to 6 servings
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
4 chicken thighs, halved (1.2 kg [2½ lb])
80 mL (1/3 cup) flour
10 mL (2 tsp) salt
5 mL (1 tsp) freshly ground pepper
30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
2 medium onions, coarsely sliced
4 sticks celery, cut in 5-cm (2-in) lengths
250 mL (1 cup) white wine
250 mL (1 cup) chicken broth
2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
250 mL (1 cup) mixed olives, pitted
3 cloves garlic, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the pieces of chicken and coat well.
- In a large and heavy saucepan, heat the oil and brown the chicken, four pieces at a time, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, brown the onion and celery, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with the wine and let evaporate, 5 minutes. Add the broth, tomatoes, olives, garlic and chicken.
- Cover and cook one hour over very low heat, stirring from time to time.
- Serve with a green salad and roasted potatoes, rice or pasta.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.