Mini Manchego and serrano ham puff pastries
12 puff pastries
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1 package of 400 g (13 oz.) of puff pastry
4 serrano ham (or prosciutto) slices, cut into julienne
30 ml (2 tbsp.) pesto
60 ml (1/4 cup) Manchego cheese, shaved
Freshly ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten with a little bit of cold water
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F)
- Roll out half of the puff pastry, about 3 mm (1/8 in.) thick.
- With a 5 cm (2 in.) cookie cutter, make 12 disks of dough.
- In a bowl, mix together the ham and pesto.
- Stir well.
- Divide and spread the mixture on each disk, leaving the edges mixture-free to seal later on.
- Add the cheese and cream in the same manner. Season with pepper.
- Roll out the other half of the dough and cut out another 12 disks.
- With one finger, moisten the edges of the garnished disks with egg wash.
- Top with one dough disk and seal with your fingers.
- Repeat the same steps with all the other disks.
- Brush the puff pastries with the rest of the egg wash.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, open the door partly and allow the pastries to finish cooking, about 5 more minutes.
- Serve with an aperitif.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.