Black forest mini-cakes
24 mini-cakes or 1 large cake
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
500 ml (2 cups) all-purpose fl our
180 ml (3/4 cup) cocoa powder
15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
5 ml (1 tsp.) baking soda
250 ml (1 cup) buttermilk
250 ml (1 cup) cold strong coffee
10 ml (2 tsp.) vanilla extract
500 ml (2 cups) sugar
160 ml (2/3 cup) canola oil
180 ml (3/4 cup) 35% cooking cream
30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
225 g (8 oz.) chocolate
250 ml (1 cup) cherry jam
White chocolate shavings
- Place paper liners in two 12-muffin tins or grease and flour two 23 cm (9 in.) cake pans.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a second bowl, mix together the buttermilk, coffee and vanilla. 5 In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and oil.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, then the liquid mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the tins or pans.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes for the mini-cakes or 45 minutes for the large cake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, bring the cream and butter to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour over the chocolate.
- Let rest for 2 minutes, then whisk to obtain a smooth ganache.
- Cut the tops off the mini-cakes and spread the cherry jam over the lower part, or spread the cherry jam over one cake and top with the other for the large cake.
- Frost with the ganache and garnish with the white chocolate shavings and some of the cherry jam.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.