Mussels with pistou sauce
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
160 ml (2/3 cup) white wine
160 ml (2/3 cup) fresh basil, finely chopped
2 bags of mussels, washed
Salt and ground black pepper
15 ml (1 tbsp.) cornstarch
125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% or 15% cooking cream
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sweat the garlic for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Add the basil and the mussels.
- Season with salt and pepper, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cornstarch and the cream.
- Pour the cream over the mussels and stir gently.
- Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Divide the mussels between 4 shallow bowls and top each serving with sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Discard the mussels that haven’t opened while cooking.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.