Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
60 ml (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
1 package of puff pastry dough, 400 g (13 oz.)
1 egg, beaten
10 ml (2 tsp.) 10% cooking cream
10 ml (2 tsp.) smoked paprika
5 ml (1 tsp.) Espelette pepper
125 ml (1/2 cup) aged yellow cheddar, finely grated
60 ml (1/4 cup) Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Flour your work surface.
- Roll out the dough to two sheets 3 mm (1/8 in.)
- Thick and in the form of a 20 x 40 cm (8 x 16 in.) rectangle.
- In a bowl, mix together the egg and cream.
- Brush the dough with this mixture.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and Espelette pepper. Evenly sprinkle the cheeses and pat lightly to make sure they stick well to the dough.
- With a knife, cut 12 long strips from each dough rectangle.
- Twist the strips and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Turn off the heat and open the oven door.
- Leave in the oven for about 10 minutes, then remove.
- Serve hot or warm as an appetizer or with a pasta dish.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.