3 hours and 30 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
700 g (1 1/2 lb) boneless beef blade roast,
5 cm (2 in) thick
115 g (1/4 lb) lardons, blanched
30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
15 mL (1 tbsp) flour
500 mL (2 cups) red wine
500 mL (2 cups) veal stock
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
225 g (1/2 lb) cremini mushrooms, cut in half
30 mL (2 tbsp) butter
375 g (3/4 lb) egg pappardelle
45 mL (3 tbsp) fresh basil, snipped
Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 165°C (325°F).
- In a large ovenproof saucepan, brown the beef and lardons in the oil (adding more oil, if necessary) on medium-high.
- Remove meat from the saucepan and reserve.
- In the same saucepan, soften the onion and garlic.
- Sprinkle with the flour, and cook for one minute. Deglaze with the red wine, scraping the bottom of the pan, and let reduce for
- about five minutes.
- Return the beef and lardons to the pan, and add the veal stock, thyme, bay leaf and pepper.
- Cover and continue cooking in the oven for about three hours or until the meat is fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and shred the beef with a fork.
- In a skillet, sauté the mushrooms in the butter.
- Add the shredded beef and the lardons.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water.
- Drain and toss with the meat-mushroom preparation.
- Garnish with basil, and serve.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.