Penne alla gigi garnished with arugula
4 to 6
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
450 g (1 lb.) penne
15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 pint, 227 g (7 1/2 oz.), sliced mushrooms
125 ml (1/2 cup) prosciutto, thinly sliced
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
250 ml (1 cup) 35% or 15% cooking cream
60 ml (1/4 cup) tomato paste
Salt and ground black pepper
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
250 ml (1 cup) baby arugula
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on package.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the oil on medium-high heat and sauté the garlic, mushrooms and prosciutto.
- Deglaze with the white wine and bring to a boil. Let reduce by half.
- Add the cream and tomato paste.
- Season generously and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the green onions and parsley, and let simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta, coating well. Garnish with the arugula before serving.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.