Pézenas mini mince pies
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
350 g (3/4 lb) boneless leg of lamb, diced or coarsely chopped
125 mL (1/2 cup) butter
Zest of 1 organic lemon, chopped
5 mL (1 tsp) fresh thyme leaves
2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) nutmeg
50 mL (1 cup) raisins, coarsely chopped
5 mL (1 tsp) salt
5 mL (1 tsp) pepper
900 g (2 lb) pâte brisée (short-crust pastry), rolled out into 2 rectangles, 25 cm x 50 cm (10 in x 20 in)
30 mL (2 tbsp) raw sugar
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Add 15 mL (1 tbsp) of butter to a skillet over high heat and sear the lamb in two batches so it browns well, about 3 minutes. Let cool, then add the lemon zest, thyme, nutmeg, raisins, remaining butter, salt and pepper.
- With a 4 cm (1.75 inch) cookie cutter, cut 40 rounds of dough for the tops and bottoms of the tartlets.
- Cut 20 strips of dough, roughly 5 cm x 12 cm (2 inch x 4.7 inch), as well.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a bit of water.
- Brush the edges of 20 dough rounds with the egg mixture and place, moist-side up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Shape 20 cylinders with the dough strips by overlapping the ends and sealing them together with the egg mixture.
- Line up each cylinder along the moist edges of the dough rounds to make a little top hat and seal into place.
- Fill with the lamb mixture.
- Moisten the edges of the remaining 20 rounds and place on top of each cylinder, like a cover, and seal by pinching the edges together all the way around.
- Once all the petits pâtés are assembled, brush with the remaining egg mixture and sprinkle with sugar.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.