Cumin and rum chicken drumsticks
15 minutes + 12 hours refrigeration
30 to 35 minutes
12 drumsticks (4 to 6 servings)
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium-sized onion, minced
45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) ground cumin
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) crushed chili
5 ml (1 tsp.) coriander seeds, crushed
45 ml (3 tbsp.) white rum
12 chicken drumsticks, without the skin
Fleur de sel
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients but the drumsticks and fleur de sel.
- Stir and set aside.
- With the tip of a knife, score the meat so all the marinade flavours penetrate well.
- In a large dish, place the drumsticks without overlapping them.
- Top with the marinade and rub each drumstick with your hands to coat them well and make the marinade penetrate.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Remove the drumsticks from the marinade and place them on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, turning over once halfway through the cooking.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Serve immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.