All-in-one seafood platter
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
2 live lobsters, 600 g to 700 g (about 1 1/3 to 1½ lbs) each
24 clams, cleaned
1 kg (2 lbs) mussels, cleaned
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 leeks, halved lengthwise
2 large onions, cut in wedges
500 mL (2 cups) white wine
10 mL (2 tsp) smoked paprika
454 g (1 lb) new potatoes
2 cobs corn, cut into chucks (keep the husks)
Salt and pepper
- Place the garlic, leeks, onions, wine and paprika into a large pot (16 to 20 litres).
- Cover with the corn husks, then add the potatoes.
- Season with salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the lobsters and cook, covered, 3 to 4 minutes over high heat.
- Add the clams, corn and mussels, and continue cooking, 5 minutes or until the clams and mussels open.
- With a wire skimmer, transfer the seafood and vegetables to a large serving platter.
- Strain the cooking juice and set aside.
- Serve with sauces (such as ginger, basil and crème fraîche or hot pepper and cardamom) and with the strained (to remove any residual sand) cooking juice (to dip the clams).
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.