Grilled chicken with star anise
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
2 star anise
10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh ginger, minced
30 ml (2 tbsp.) vegetable oil
125 ml (1/2 cup) chicken broth
30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh lemon juice
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) freshly ground black pepper
4 deboned skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
180 ml (3/4 cup) chicken broth
15 ml (1 tbsp.) cornstarch
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Heat in microwave for 1 minute on high. Mix and let cool.
- Once the mixture has reached room temperature, add chicken breasts and seasoning.
- Marinate in refrigerator 3 hours.
- Preheat BBQ on high.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and pour marinade into a pot.
- Add 180 mL (3/4 cup) chicken broth and 15 mL (1 tbsp.) cornstarch to it. Boil 5 minutes.
- Place chicken on hot grill, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until meat is cooked through.
- Baste with sauce 1minute before removing from heat.
- Remove the star anise from the remaining sauce before serving sauce with the chicken.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.