Fried polenta with tomato sauce
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1 store-bought roll of polenta, sliced into rounds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
125 ml (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
125 ml (1/2 cup) semolina
45 ml (3 tbsp.) vegetable oil
45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
5 ml (1 tsp.) dried chilli pepper flakes (cayenne, pair piri or bird pepper)
5 ml (1 tsp.) dried oregano
1 can, 796 ml (28 oz.), diced tomatoes
- Slice the polenta roll into 1 cm (1/4 in.) thick rounds.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Place the flour and the semolina in two separate dishes.
- Dip the polenta rounds in the flour, then in the egg mix, and finally in the semolina.
- Heat the oil and fry in a skillet, pat dry and reserve.
- In a saucepan, combine the oil with the garlic, chili pepper and oregano.
- Cook over medium heat until the garlic is nicely browned.
- Add the tomatoes and adjust the seasoning.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top the polenta rounds with tomato sauce.
- Garnish with Parmesan and parsley.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.